Monday, April 6, 2009

Date: Scorchedsky - Steelday the 28th, 3725

Well, there has been an interesting turn of events in my life.

I've only been at the Mythic when I've been tired and ready to rest for a time, and the rest of my time has been spent within the walls of Freeport or nearby in the Commonlands.

When I first got to Freeport, I began investigating the political structure within the city, looking for a somewhat powerful contender to join - one that might be able to deal with a Koada`dal.

Oddly enough, I'd heard a few odd tales of the House Velahr - of how they work to further the goals of the Teir`dal yet somehow manage to include those of what the dark elves term as the "lesser races", without forcing them to remain as little more than pets and servants.

During the mid-evening, the leader of Velahr contacted me. Aimor Velahr is a rather commanding man...considering to me he's rather short; I can't fault him for that though, as the Koada have always been the taller elves.

After a long discussion of my personality, my history, and my ideals, I was invited to become part of Velahr. I met with Aimor and three others - Valshena, Cyriex, and Scypha - at the Velahr Household in South Freeport. Their holdings are quite impressive, though they sound as if they don't compare to what Velahr enjoyed prior to the cataclysms; I am still amazed by the sheer size of Freeport interiors and exteriors, as their high ceilings are so different from the ones found in Qeynos.

I have been given a gold trimmed crimson tabard with the House insignia on the chest, as well as a metal insignia brooch. Both are of fine quality, of a calibur that I have not touched since leaving Felwithe years ago. So long I have been outside the life of opulence that the titled and privileged enjoy, it is entirely strange to be surrounded by such once again.

Aimor has requested I procure some sort of illusion to use around those who are too greatly unnerved by the presence of a high elf, which while I am loathe to be what I am not, I can understand Velahr's position on such things - I am sure a Koada wandering into a meeting with a potential ally may cause things to go badly for the House.

He has also requested that I keep my history as silent as possible - that I refrain from revealing anything past living within the walls of Qeynos. Many Teir remain bitter with the Koada`dal of Felwithe, and few view the "turning" of one as the triumph it once was for them. But that is beneficial to me anyways, as I'm sure people would develop expectations of me if they knew I was from Felwithe, and the last thing I desire is to be expected to be a prim and proper noble Koada once more.

Valshena refers to me as Koada`Vie, almost as if it is a word that represents one of my race that has turned to the ways of the Teir`dal, though I am unsure. The word is vaguely familiar, I remember it almost as if it were a rumor or fairytale from my youth, but I cannot place my finger upon it.

It is quite possible that the word has different meaning to the Koada than it does to the Teir, but I cannot for the life of me recall where I have heard it before.

Interesting times are ahead, I am sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment